Saturday, October 27, 2007

HAMID DRAKE on drums

Yesterday evening I was in a bar talking to my friend George about drums and I realized that every good jazz work (free/avant-garde) that I’m listening this period is with great Hamid Drake on drums.
So here are two examples that I’ve found today on you tube.

Fred Anderson Timeless DVD Trailer
“Chicago jazz legend Fred Anderson leads Harrison Bankhead & Hamid Drake, improvising ground-breaking but warm free jazz at his own historic Velvet Lounge (since moved to 67 E. Cermak). Now on DVD & CD from Delmark Records.”

You can read here a review of this dvd.

I’ve already have the audio disc and I can’t wait to order it.



The second video with Brotzmann on sax is a little bit hard for those who aren’t used to this music, but Drake on drums with W.Parker on bass have the best rhythmic section in my opinion.

Brotzmann / Parker / Drake (2005)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: record companies!
check out fmp - the original -
http://www.fmp-label.de
and change your wrong link!

monsieur lu said...

Thanks for the useful comment anonymous friend.